Friday, October 17, 2008

More from Cheaha

This first picture is my favorite of them all. Brendon took this when we were on our SIX MILE hike. The kids both did such an amazing job , never complained, or wanted to go back. We saw two falls and tons of other really neat things, we talked about survival and what to do if you got lost , I also told them about the time the my Dad and his best friend ( and my mother and Bridget ) dropped my sister , and brother and I off in the cold snow. We had been taught lots of survival things , we had been giving a specific amount of time to build a lean- to , and build a hot fire. I still remember how much fun we had ( and the coco and snacks around the fire were awesome.
Here we have Brendon getting ready to take a dive. It was hot, and the water hole was deep ...( or so we thought ) he is now in a neck brace and will go in for surgey next week.


PS. just kidding about the neck brace thing... :) had you going for a minute though didn't I !!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Ruth! I especially love the one of my little niece and nephew strolling through the woods, hand in hand.
And yes, you did have me going abou the neck brace thing for a minute.

Elizabeth said...

Oh Ruth, I do LOVE your sense of humor, you crack me up all the time, I'm glad no one is around to see me laughing at the silly computer screen. hehe

Jill said...

What a great time you had. Sure wish we could have been there!