Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Garden

So here is my garden as of today. We have 12 tomato plants , two cherry , and the rest are Better Boy and Big Boy. The cherry plants have over a hundred tomatoes on them :) We will have well over one hundred pumpkins most I will can for bread and pies some I will freeze !! The kids and I counted the Watermelon yesterday and we only the bigger ones ( so there are more little ones we did not count ) and so far we have 26 . We are so excited about how God has grown this garden , we will be able to give so much stuff away. I am sure we will only use 2-3 Watermelon so that will leave TONS to be given to others that might not have the money to buy some!! I have picked about 10 Zucchini, 14 Cucumbers, we have had the lettuce , some Spinach, Swiss Char, Snap Peas, huge Radishes, lots of Broccoli and already some red potatoes!! I will can as much food as I can and the rest I will freeze , or give away.



5 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW, little gardener sister!! Amazing...If I help weed, can I have some? I just love the pic of the watermelon with that pretty yellow flower. (Is it a wmelon? The flower looks like one from a pumpkin plant, but since we can't grow watermelon in Alaska, I don't know what the plant looks like.)
Thanks for sharin' the pics!!

committed to serve said...

The first picture of a fruit is the watermelon and the one with the flower is the pumpkin so you were sorta right!! and of course I would LOVE any help with weeding it takes me two day of working almost all day to get it completely weeded. :)

Jill said...

I'm impressed. You are doing a great job, and what a super thing for Kaylie and Jacob to experience. I well remember the three of you running out to the garden at TL with me, having a great time helping with the sowing, caring, and picking! Glad you put it on the site.
Love you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the garden, looks incredible and rewarding. I'm a little jealous, other than the weeding. Ha ha, don't miss that part too much. Anyway love it and congrats.

Liz n Nolund

kelly said...

I don't know if my comments are posting of if Im doing something wrong. Anyway love the garden!!! I planted about 6 tomatoe plants this year but you went all the way. You go girl!!!