

This cake is a Devils foods home made cake, then covered with homemade fondant ( the store bought stuff is NASTY and I would never but it on a cake that someone ordered so I have been trying different homemade fondant recipes) This fondant is a marshmallow fondant, it works great for rolling out and laying flat but I had a rough time making roses out of it, just a bit to dry , so I must try some more recipes to get the right ones for the job :) Hope you all like it !!! I didn't spend as much time on this one as I would of liked but with Jacob just having his Clavical broken I didn't want to take anymore time away .
5 comments:
So cool, Ruth! Good job experimenting with a new fondant recipe! I can't believe how smooth and shiny it is. Looks too good to eat...so I guess I won't;-)
Hey Ruth,
We need new pics on here. I have an idea...why not snap a photo of your "orders" and snap some pics of your "winter" outside there in AL. Then write a little post about why you're excited to spend next Christmas in the snowy state of AK??? And some pics of your Christmas tree and inside decorations would be nice. Maybe you could have the kids pose in front of the tree??? Just some ideas to get you started so you have no excuse for not posting (unless you count the excuse that it's only one week till Christmas and you're only slightly busy...that would probably work.)
I'm WAIting...
Hey, it is beautiful! Great idea, Sarah.
...still here...
I checked in again today and was disappointed. But I'm used to that now. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.
Post a Comment